T and D

T and D

Sunday, April 28, 2013

I FOUND MY DRESS!

After searching for about a month and a half. I am happy to tell you...I FOUND THE DRESS! Today, my parents and I were on a dress hunt in downtown L.A's Fashion District. (I really liked the thrill bargain hunting) Even though we know about the Fashion District, I didn't think we would find the dress in the Fashion District; just dresses that looked really nice and were "Meh, ok". In fact, we went in there with a mind set of, "we're just gathering information, if we find a dress, GREAT! if not that's alright too". The day started when we arrived at the Fashion District at 9am, the streets were busy yet quiet; the vendors were opening their shops for the day. By 11:30-ish, the streets became crowded. Good piece of advice: travel LIGHT.  By this time we walked about four or five blocks and went in to several dress shops. Some shops had dresses  that I liked and did try on but they were way out of my price range. Plus most of the shops catered to quincereas dresses. Fabulous quincereas dress! My gosh, these dresses are stunning.  One shop had a taffeta wedding dress that  was in the style I wanted, but did not have a train. Taffeta, I learned, is a very lite, smooth, shimmery fabric; it just did not appeal to me, like tulle. Tulle's whimsical and airy but it just doesn't thrill me. The taffeta dress was priced low therefore it was within our price range for a dress, but it just wasn't the dress for me. So we moved on.


I began to lose hope that we would find a dress in L.A.  The pros and cons of  buying the taffeta dress  kept rolling around in my head, but wasn't I sold on it. As the day grew hotter and and the crowd started to increase, we stepped into Trendy Too as a final attempt. Side note: If you're looking for that personal one-on-one experience of trying on a wedding dress: THIS ISN'T THE PLACE. There are too many people and you just pick a dress off the rack to try on or buy. There's an attendee to help you in to the dress but that's about it. With that said, I pulled 3 dresses off the rack that I liked. The first dress was "bleh". Too big in the top but fitted at the waist. Then I picked out the second dress.When I looked at the price of the dress, I thought "Eeek, already out of the price range,  well no harm in trying it on."

I slipped it on... and it looked beautiful! I knew this was the dress.

So the attendee said she can can give us this dress for a discount. After a little haggling we managed to buy the dress for 60% OFF the tag price!

I am so ecstatic! We bought a quality dress for a great price! I can't wait to walk down the isle.

We got the dress! Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment